Jump to Navigation

Orland Park Child Support Modifications Lawyer

Post-Divorce Modifications · Changes to Child Support and Spousal Maintenance

When a job is lost, a promotion is achieved or a serious illness requires specialized, expensive health care, obligations under the divorce decree such as child support, spousal support or visitation may need to be revised.

If you or your ex-spouse have experienced a significant change in circumstances — economically or otherwise — Orland Park attorney Roland P. Ernst of the law offices of Carr, O'Rourke & Ernst can help you make the changes you need to your divorce decree. For more than 30 years, Roland P. Ernst has helped many Cook County and Will County family law clients rebuild their lives when substantial changes in circumstances have made them unable to comply with obligations under their divorce agreement. When circumstances warrant, he has also assisted clients in obtaining more support than originally ordered.

Contact Orland Park child support modification attorney Roland P. Ernst at 708-966-2259 to learn more.

Adjustments in Support for Changes Occurring After Your Divorce

Once a child support or spousal support obligation has been established, it is not permanent. A modification of support may be possible in circumstances such as:

  • Significant changes in income such as promotions, pay cuts or loss of job
  • New employment
  • Illness or disability suffered by a parent or child
  • A growing child's more demanding financial needs
  • A spouse receiving maintenance remarries or lives with a new boyfriend or girlfriend

Adjustments to Child Custody and Visitation

Sometimes situations arise where the child visitation schedule may be required to be changed. This may arise when there is a change in an employment schedule, or a spouse wants to remove the children from the state of Illinois. Sometimes because of significant changes it may be in the child's best interest that child custody be changed.

Discuss Your Changing Needs · Contact a Cook County Attorney for Help Modifying Child Support, Spousal Support or Child Custody

Child support, visitation, custody and maintenance provisions in a divorce agreement are not set in stone. Too many things can change — employment, health and increased needs of the children, just to name a few. Orland Park lawyer Roland P. Ernst provides the quality representation and personal service that can help you with every transition.

When changing circumstances require revisions to your divorce decree, contact us. Call, e-mail or fax Roland P. Ernst to arrange for an initial consultation to discuss your modification needs. Call 708-966-2259 today.